Bangladesh Institute of Theatre Arts (BITA) a non-government organization, has been administrating development initiatives focusing human rights, cultural upliftment and poverty alleviation since 1994 .BITA has come forward in the development field from alternative culture-based approach introducing culture as a mode of wide and effective human communication where marginalized and deprived communities are program participants. The organization has introduced and continued district model of human development-moving towards community-in-order to expedite comprehensive national development.
The Aims of BITA
- To preserve national culture and heritage especially by involving the grass root people.
- To create consciousness among children on cultural heritage and highlight the important issues on women, environment, human rights, awareness on poverty alleviation etc. through cultural activities.
- To improve level of professionalism of the development performers and activists of both urban and rural areas.
- To involve poorest of the grass root people in various cultural activities.
BITA’s mission is to be a partner of the poor and disadvantaged people in their culture-based approach of demanding their rights particularly human rights for poverty alleviation.
- BITA maintains the cultural approach also in future, where it has comparative advantage.
- BITA’s approach should reflect in its work to equip them to demand rights for the poor and the disadvantaged people.
- It believes that such a change accompanied with other parallel processes will contribute to poverty alleviation
BITA’s vision is a society where respect and practice of rights by all is an integral part of life.